Calvin Harris to Taylor Swift: 'I won't let you bury me'
Harris said he was “hurt” after People Magazine revealed that she had written “This is What You Came For” under the pseudonym.
He further criticised the pop star and ex-girlfriend for making him “look bad”.
On July 18, TMZ reported that the former couple agreed to use the pseudonym to keep the focus off their couplehood. However, during the single's promotion - featuring Rihnna on vocals - things went south.
The problem in the relationship came the day the song was released. Calvin appeared on Ryan Seacrest's radio show and Ryan asked, "Will you do a collaboration with your girlfriend?" Calvin responded, "You know we haven't even spoken about it. I can't see it happening though."
TMZ was told that Taylor was hurt and felt that Calvin had taken it too far.
Swift’s representatives later confirmed that she had indeed written the song under the pseudonym Nils Sjoberg.
The music producer/DJ replied to People Magazine’s tweet, who broke the news:
"And she sings on a little bit of it too 🙃
Amazing lyric writer and she smashed it as usual"
Possibly thinking that by not having admitted to the collaboration, it made him look culpable, Harris then went on a Twitter rampage saying:
“I wrote the music, produced the song, arranged it and cut the vocals though. And initially she wanted it kept secret, hence the pseudonym”
“Hurtful to me at this point that her and her team would go so far out of their way to try and make ME look bad at this stage though”
“I figure if you're happy in your new relationship you should focus on that instead of trying to tear your ex bf down for something to do”
"I know you're off tour and you need someone new to try and bury like Katy ETC [a reference to Katy Perry – the last person to have a public feud with Swift] but I'm not that guy, sorry. I won't allow it”
His last tweet read:
“Please focus on the positive aspects of YOUR life because you've earned a great one. God bless everyone have a beautiful day”